Banana bread gives me a fond memory of my little one going for her swimming lessons while in Sydney. She was 1 year and 7 months old. Dyuti used to insist on buying a slice of Banana bread from a cafe shop next to our house. It wasn't that she wanted the bread every time we pass that shop; only after her swimming lessons.
Now that she has grown up and taste buds has changed, she wasn't that keen on munching it. Anyways we did love this banana bread with the walnut crunch. Followed the link:Banana bread
Very ripe bananas - 350g (4 nos)
Plain flour - 180g
Baking powder - 2½ tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Light brown sugar - 160g
Eggs - 2, beaten
Melted butter - 4 tbsp, plus extra for greasing
Walnuts - 50g, roughly chopped
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl
- Mash two-third of the banana to a smooth paste and the remaining mash roughly
- Using electric whisk, whisk eggs, brown sugar and melted butter until the sugar dissolves. Whisk in high speed until it turns pale and slightly increased in volume
- Pre-heat oven to 170C. Grease the loaf tin about 21x9x7cm with melted butter and lightly flour the tin
- Fold in the mashed bananas and the roughly chopped walnuts in the wet mixture.
- Transfer to the loaf tin and bake for about an hour until skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning it onto a rack to cool completely.