To prepare Chicken Schnitzel
Chicken Breast - 2 nos
Plain flour - ¼ cup
Egg - 1 no, beaten
Breadcrumbs - ½ cup
Oil - to shallow fry
- Combine flour, salt, pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg. Spread breadcrumbs as a layer on a plate.
- Slit the chicken breast lengthwise, place the sliced chicken breast between cling film and pound it thin(I've skipped this step).
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour and shake off the excess flour. Then dip the chicken in beaten egg Shake off the excess and then spread it on the breadcrumbs layer and coat with breadcrumbs well.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken on both sides. Cover with an aluminium foil to keep it warm.
- Reserve the excess flour for the Mushroom sauce
To prepare Mushroom Sauce
Butter - 1 tbsp
Mushroom - 8 nos, sliced
Garlic - 1 nos, finely chopped
Chicken stock - 1 cup
Sour cream - ¼ cup
Soya sauce - 1½ tbsp
Parsley - to garnish
Plain flour - which was used for coating chicken
- Heat butter in a pan and add in chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms. Sauté till the water evaporates from the mushrooms.
- Now add the reserved plain flour and fry for a minute.
- Add in chicken stock. Allow it to boil.
- Add the sour cream and soya sauce. Check for salt. As the stock and plain flour has salt content, make sure to check the salt.
- Switch off the flame when the gravy thickens. Garnish with chopped parsley.