Onion - 1 no (coarsely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (coarsely chopped)
Potato - 1 big (cut in cubes)
Carrot - 1 (cut in cubes)
Beans - 7-8 nos
Green chilly - 3 nos (slit lengthwise)
Broccoli/Cauliflower - 5 florets
Garlic - 4 cloves (coarsely chopped)
Bay leaf - 2 nos
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch piece
Coriander powder - 1½ tbsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Cream/Milk - ½ cup (adjust as per taste)
Coriander leaves - chopped (to garnish)
- Pour oil on a hot pan.
- Add chopped onions and garlic sauté when it turns transparent.
- Grind the sautéed onions and garlic mixture in a blender into a smooth paste by adding water.
- Pour oil on the same pan. Add bay leaf and cinnamon stick and fry for a minute.
- Add the onion ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and fry for few minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables except broccoli/cauliflower, green chilly, garlic cloves, salt, water; cover and cook till veggies turn soft. Add the florets and cook till it turns crunchy.
- Add cream/milk as per your taste. Let it boil for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add garam masala and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Use any veggies of your choice; may include peas, capsicum, paneer cubes etc.
Substitute milk instead of cream for healthy alternative :)