Pages

January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013


Wish you all a very Happy New Year !!

I had plans to bake a new year cake, just a casual two tier round cake was in my mind. Then Sathya's friends planned for a get together on new year's eve. I agreed to bring the cake,

Many Thanks to my dear Sathya for suggesting the model of Sydney Harbour Bridge. I was still not sure whether I could accomplish this task. It was my very first attempt with a customized cake :) I started making a plan. As I didn't have the baking moulds of the bridge & pillar, I baked a square and round shaped Butter cake. Then cut the cakes into my desired shapes.





Prepared Buttercream frosting and tinted with mix & matching colours. I was not in a position to click much snaps this time. It took almost 5 hours to cut & decorate the cake. The most time consuming part was the cake decorations. Another extra hour in setting up the ingredients and a hell lot of cleaning the utensils. Ufff.... Oh yes, Sathya helped me decorating the grass.



It was great seeing the kids Dyuti, Thejus & Ahaan waiting patiently till 12 am to blow the candles set on Harbour bridge. Well, the candles resembles the Sydney fireworks ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment